Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Rebecca Readus
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orlando
Votes |
What is the best way to network with wholesalers and contractors?

Rebecca Readus
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orlando
Posted Mar 29 2023, 06:40

Hey guys!

I'm working more and more investors than I have in the past 24 months. I love it as I was an investor before being a real estate agent. My problem is I'm in a new area as we've moved from Chattanooga, TN to Orlando, FL in 2021. Since moving, I've primarily worked with home buyers and sellers. I now really need and want to network with wholesalers and contractors. I am going to be joining a local real estate investing group, but what are some ways you all suggest to network with the investing crowd in a new area, specifically Orlando, FL?

Thank you!

User Stats

Votes
Ash Hegde
  • Lender
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL (Lending in FL CT MI PA)
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL (Lending in FL CT MI PA)
Replied Mar 29 2023, 06:48

The REI group meeting should be great for both. Even if those particular people aren't in attendance, it's very likely that you can get some referrals. Welcome to Florida!

User Stats

Votes
Thomas Tsitouridis
  • Investor
  • Astoria, NY
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Astoria, NY
Replied Mar 29 2023, 07:27

Take a look at the app Eventbrite. They have some events there that you can find, and also free ones. FB groups are also good, and also BP of course!

I’m a GC in NYC and looking to also start doing some investments in the Tampa area with OPM. 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Greg Simpson
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Mar 29 2023, 07:59

Find your local REIA for sure. GoREIA is one that's popular there. I don't endorse any REIA of my own so if you ever venture over to Tampa come visit us!

User Stats

Votes
Randy Rodenhouse
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Charleston, SC
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Charleston, SC
Replied Mar 29 2023, 08:03

Drive around and find properties that are being rehabbed and talk to the contractors and possibly meet the owners/rehabbers themselves at the property.   The local reia as many other mentioned is a great way to meet other like minded investors.

User Stats

Votes
Scott E.
  • Developer
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Replied Mar 29 2023, 08:33

I'll share with you something that works out here in AZ, not sure if access is the same in FL though.

When you are driving around, take note of all of the flip and spec build construction sites that you see.

When you get back to your laptop, you should be able to look up the permit on the project. The permit will tell you the owner of the property, and the contractor doing the work.

From there you can search their name on google and give them a call to introduce yourself. 

"Hey I am a new to the area, I'm a realtor, I saw you had a project on 5th Street... I'm trying to connect with local investors and contractors"

User Stats

Votes
Rebecca Readus
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orlando
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Orlando
Replied Mar 29 2023, 08:48

Thanks! These are some great ideas and definitely some things I'll be implementing!

User Stats

Votes
Mark Munson
Lender
  • Lender
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
  • Orlando, FL
Replied Mar 29 2023, 09:01

Hi @Rebecca Readus

I'm in Orlando too and own a mortgage brokerage in Winter Park. I'm very well connected with the wholesalers here, I'd be happy to put you in contact with a few and point you to the right events as well.

User Stats

Votes
Cheryl Schuck
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Parsippany, NJ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Parsippany, NJ
Replied Mar 29 2023, 09:44
Quote from @Scott E.:

I'll share with you something that works out here in AZ, not sure if access is the same in FL though.

When you are driving around, take note of all of the flip and spec build construction sites that you see.

When you get back to your laptop, you should be able to look up the permit on the project. The permit will tell you the owner of the property, and the contractor doing the work.

From there you can search their name on google and give them a call to introduce yourself. 

"Hey I am a new to the area, I'm a realtor, I saw you had a project on 5th Street... I'm trying to connect with local investors and contractors"

I like this....Thank you!!!

User Stats

Votes
Malinda Cardel
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chattanooga, TN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chattanooga, TN
Replied Apr 18 2023, 14:32
Quote from @Rebecca Readus:

Hey guys!

I'm working more and more investors than I have in the past 24 months. I love it as I was an investor before being a real estate agent. My problem is I'm in a new area as we've moved from Chattanooga, TN to Orlando, FL in 2021. Since moving, I've primarily worked with home buyers and sellers. I now really need and want to network with wholesalers and contractors. I am going to be joining a local real estate investing group, but what are some ways you all suggest to network with the investing crowd in a new area, specifically Orlando, FL?

Thank you!

Hey Rebecca!! Sad to hear you left Chattanooga, but FL is amazing good luck out there!!I I am a licensed agent as well, but work with a real estate acquisitions firm that specializes in investment properties for investors. The investment world sure is an adventure! Hope you find some connections there! :) 

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
#3 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied Apr 18 2023, 14:36
Quote from @Rebecca Readus:

Hey guys!

Thank you!

Social media . I live in FL and do all my business in the Cleveland markets. I have 25 or so contractors and unlimited deals( I have done 100s and 100s and 100s )  I do it all from the beach, also PM in place 

Good luck 

User Stats

Votes
Hunter Reed
  • New to Real Estate
  • Emporia State University
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Emporia State University
Replied Apr 18 2023, 14:37

Referrals can be key to finding the right wholesalers and contractors. Call as many Agents in the specific area you are investing in to narrow down your options. Once you have narrowed down your list then communicate with the wholesalers/contractors directly. Make sure that they fit your needs as an investor.