General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Kha Lai
Votes |
Looking to invest in dayton/miamisburg

Kha Lai
Posted Feb 22 2024, 09:41

My wife and I are new investors looking into building a team in the Dayton/Miamisburg markets. We're interested in small B/C class multifamily properties (2-4 units) in the $200-$325k price range that has potential to reach 10% COC, with special interest in exploring hidden value opportunities via renovations/upgrades. We would appreciate any recommendations on property managers or investor agents, as well as general tips regarding the Dayton market and would love to connect with some Dayton investors as well. Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Austin McClain
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Ohio
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Ohio
Replied Feb 22 2024, 11:11

Congrats on getting started. You'll want to build your core 4 in the area. This is your Agent/deal finder, property manager, handyman, and lender. Happy to help connect you with some contacts 

User Stats

Votes
James Wise#1 Buying & Selling Real Estate Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH
Votes |
James Wise#1 Buying & Selling Real Estate Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH
Replied Feb 23 2024, 12:04
Quote from @Kha Lai:

My wife and I are new investors looking into building a team in the Dayton/Miamisburg markets. We're interested in small B/C class multifamily properties (2-4 units) in the $200-$325k price range that has potential to reach 10% COC, with special interest in exploring hidden value opportunities via renovations/upgrades. We would appreciate any recommendations on property managers or investor agents, as well as general tips regarding the Dayton market and would love to connect with some Dayton investors as well. Thanks!

Welcome aboard. We've been doing tons of business in Dayton lately. Good cash flow.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Samantha Fedor
  • Property Manager
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Feb 26 2024, 06:02

Hi Kha, welcome! True Home Ohio Property Management services in Dayton.

Will send you a direct message if you are still looking!

User Stats

Votes
Harrison Chow
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Feb 27 2024, 08:46
Quote from @Kha Lai:

Hey there! It's great to hear that you're interested in the Dayton/Miamisburg markets for small multifamily properties. Yeah it’s great that you are building a strong team of RE professionals. While I'm based in Columbus, Ohio, I have a solid network of professionals in Dayton whom I can connect you with. Additionally, Columbus is another market worth exploring for its strong rental demand, diverse economy, and growing population. Let me know how I can help!

User Stats

Votes
Robert Ellis
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Feb 27 2024, 21:54
Quote from @Kha Lai:

I wouldn't be afraid to look at columbus and build. I'm not sure what you like about Dayton but there are markets that match the economics of Dayton that are just submarkets of columbus. it's a little too far to be considered a part of our market. just my 2 cents. I'm from Toledo and I'd love to do projects there but the numbers don't work where I'm from. I know people killing it in Dayton but I'd recommend looking at other strategies like buying land and building single and multifamily in columbus. you can get lots right now for 30k or 40k within 1 mile of downtown in Franklinton, king Lincoln, olde towne east, southern orchards. land is a buyer's market and low competition. I sold three of our ground up triplexes this month and just came up with the floorplan this month. when people see the vision I think it becomes clear.