• Merritt Island, FL
Votes |
Small Multi-Family Investing

Brett Johnson
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Merritt Island, FL
Posted Feb 23 2024, 09:01

I'm looking to connect with brokers, owners, or sellers in the small multi-family space in Brevard County (Space Coast). I'm currently a SFU investor with one multi-family property under my belt and looking to do more. I'm open to Indian River County and Volusia County properties as well but primarily looking in Brevard. Looking forward to connecting!

User Stats

Votes
AJ Exner
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Springfield, MO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Springfield, MO
Replied Feb 23 2024, 09:40

Hey Brett, 

So I have to ask, when you say small multi-family, are you talking 2-4, 5-10, or 10+? They all have pretty big differences in the space and can very quite a bit from group to group.

User Stats

Votes
Brett Johnson
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Merritt Island, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Merritt Island, FL
Replied Feb 23 2024, 09:41

5-20

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
AJ Exner
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Springfield, MO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Springfield, MO
Replied Feb 23 2024, 09:51
Quote from @Brett Johnson:

5-20

I think the clearest path is that 5-10 space, once you get above 10 it can get kind of tricky and there could be a lot of conditions.

Having a clear picture is only going to benefit, so hopefully you can snag something going into the spring and if rates start to go down a bit you'll be in great shape!

Good luck, happy to help where I can!

User Stats

Votes
Kerry Baird
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Melbourne, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Melbourne, FL
Replied Feb 25 2024, 17:54

I recommend that you come to some of the meetups and network.  BREIA is one and CFRI is another where you would be more likely to meet the larger investors.  

User Stats

Votes
Brett Johnson
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Merritt Island, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Merritt Island, FL
Replied Feb 26 2024, 08:24
Quote from @Kerry Baird:

I recommend that you come to some of the meetups and network.  BREIA is one and CFRI is another where you would be more likely to meet the larger investors.  

I've been trying to make it to one of the BREIA meetings for a few years now but being 45 minutes from Hell n Blazes for a 5pm meeting is always a tough time especially since I pick up my kids from school around that time.