Rental rehab done by a BP contractor

7 Replies

Hey,

I wanted to post pictures of a rental rehab we just finished. I found the contractor through BP and he did a really good job and I am going to use him for another project also. BP was the only reason we got together and able to make this work.

Another BP member who helps me rent some of my properties already has a tenant lined up at $895/mo. The tenants are looking to rent for a year and then are looking to buy the property a year from now.

@Sharad M.   more about the purchase terms, money spent on rehab, and the terms with tenant... just curious as I know seeing other numbers help myself, and I'm sure others. 

Mark Gallagher, Real Estate Agent in New Jersey (#1221341) and Pennsylvania (#RS314542)
215-490-4851

@Mark Gallagher  I have a BP member interested in purchasing this property from me, so I hope you understand that I don't feel comfortable discussing the numbers on the forum.

As for the tenants, they made me an all cash offer of $55,000, which is a few thousand dollars lower than what I am looking for the house, so the tenants are going to rent for a year at $895/mo and they are paying 6 months rent in advance and then after their lease is up, we will go back to discuss the sale if the house is still available.

Can you share the contractor name? 

btw: is there any reason why BP doesn't have a contractor forum? 

Specifically, one where BP members that have used a contractor can
add contractors, locations they work and their review of their work and pricing?

Originally posted by @Mike H.:

Can you share the contractor name? 

btw: is there any reason why BP doesn't have a contractor forum? 

There is a contractors forum, its not as busy as some of the other ones but it's there.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/24-contractors

It's beautiful Sharad!  Very nicely done, cute as a button :)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.