General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
N/A N/A
Votes |
Old Home/Land located in growth area

N/A N/A
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:49

2 years ago a purchased a 1957 home on 6 acres in a semi-rural but growing small town in northern Colorado. The home is located on the corner of 2 county roads that are paved and becoming quite busy with traffic. The very small town for this area is 1 mile down the road. I have done a recorded exemption of 1/2 my property so I now have the house and 3 acres on the corner and another 3 acres in the back.

My question is:

This area is growing and the acreage across the road is for sale ($3+M) for both residential housing and commercial development (the commercial development would be closest to my property since I'm on the corner).
Do I try to sell this house and property before building activity takes place across the road and traffic continues to worsen OR would my property be worth more if I wait till more development and commercial buildings to be put in?

I'm really on the fence as to what the crystal ball would have in store for this property. Can anyone with experience with this type of thing provide me with some advise?

Thank you!

Loading replies...