Real Estate Investing While In College

2 Replies

Hi everyone, so I'm a university student who has started learning about real estate investing and have been reading several books/articles/forums and listening to podcasts ( including BPs' of course!) over the past several months. I  would love to get started  in real estate now as a wholesaler, broker, or investor - maybe even a syndicator! However, is this a realistic goal? Can I make substantial income in real estate while going to school full time and keeping my grades up?  Moreover, I want to continue my education after college, perhaps get my J.D. Or MBA.  Has anyone balanced  school and  forming a real estate business simultanepusly? Thanls for reading, and I look forward tp your responses :)

@Account Closed

To sound up-beat and say you can juggle school and make lots of money in RE is possible but my personal .02 is to say there will be plenty of time for you to get going in real estate.  You should focus on your studies and once your in a real position, then start investing but keep learning as you go.  Check out investment clubs in your area and meet others who are active in your local market. No need to rush things. 

The chances of people actually becoming successful are not always good in real estate so make sure to graduate, get a high paying profession and then do RE as an alternative source of income. 

Good luck

Medium buymemphisnow stacksCurt Davis, Buy Memphis Now | [email protected] | 605‑310‑7929 | http://www.BuyMemphisNow.com

I focussed on school and than did real estate when I started on my full time job. While it didn't work out at the time. I would have gotten started earlier by buying a large home and renting out rooms to fellow students. 

Personally to get my degree's focusing on school took everything out of me and i went up to an MBA. Once I got my MBA we started to build our "rental empire" and have 5 houses in 3 years. We are estimate to grow another 5 in 18 months. So just because you grow slowing at first doesn't mean you can't make great leaps and bounds.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you