Charity giving - WHO do you give to and when??

2 Replies

So as my business grows inevitably due to offsetting taxes and giving back I am looking at various forms of charity.

Some businesses give to many causes anonymously and others give open in the public. Some just choose one cause over the others.

Just wondering what everyone else is doing and if you do not mind being public or staying anonymous??

I just do not want an event where everyone and their brother starts bothering you. Everyone can't give to all but we can make a difference in a smaller way. 

@Joel Owens  Hey Joel, I gove monthly to our local United Way, check yours and see where the money goes.  I also give to my heart,  the Volunteer Fire Dept I was fortunate to be a part of its creation and building before I got sick.  And Finally but not least, my Church. Merry Christmas to You! 

I do not give for tax reasons at this point in my investing (someday i hope to be there) but I do give regularly to a kids Summer camping program!  I think it is so important to get kids away from cell phones and technology for a week and give them an awesome outdoor experience.     When i was a camp cabin leader, one of the campers i had summed it up best...   "I feel like I'm actually doing something rather than watching others people do it"   what a crazy culture our kids our growing up in...

I'm sure you will get pounded with great non-profits to give money to,  but seriously consider investing in children's lives through camp.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.