• Apex, NC
Votes |
What would you do... Estate sale gone wrong

Uriah D.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Apex, NC
Posted Dec 19 2014, 11:08
I had an estate sale under contract back in July 2014 in Raleigh NC and proceeded to close. One of the heirs after signing the contract decided they didn't want to sell and would not sign the deed. We waited and waited and contacted attorneys and waited and after a while found out that the problem heir had contacted another closing attorney about buy the property herself. During this time I still had a contract on the house. (I guess I still have it under contract now, the legal owner has changed though so it is pretty much useless.) We found out who the attorney was talked with him, he cancelled the closing and again informed the heir that she was in breach and could be sued. A couple days later the property was deeded over to the problem heir by the other heirs and we have been trying to reach her again to let her know the things she has done are not within the law. Question: would you sue the problem heir? All the heirs (roughly 6-7) or just let it go and eat the sunk costs. Anybody successfully won in this situation? Any lawyers you can suggest? Would love a lawyer that would handle the upfront costs to split any winnings we are awarded. 25-30k net profit on the deal and roughly 2k in sunk costs so far. 87k purchase 63k rehab.
  • Real Estate Agent

• TII
TII Logo

Loading replies...