• Investor
  • Leominster, MA
Votes |
Central Massachusetts Investors - First Black Diamond Meeting

Rob Beland
  • Investor
  • Leominster, MA
Posted Apr 22 2015, 16:15

I had the privilege of attending one of @Ann Bellamy 's Black Diamond meetings in Worcester, MA last night. I arrived about 25 minutes into the networking portion of the event but made it nonetheless. The program they put together was great. I learned a lot about some fairly new state regulations relating to building renovations and energy efficiency. If you're doing renovations and/or new construction in Massachusetts and aren't familiar with terms like Stretch Energy Code and HERS ratings, you really need to do some research before your next project.

If you're an investor/landlord in the Worcester/Central MA area you really should make a point to attend a Black Diamond meeting. As promised there was no selling, it was a relaxed atmosphere, and there was definitely a lot of knowledge in the room.

I'm not at the point in my career where I'm actively looking for deals but I know for the future that if I am, this is the place to be. Also, if I had a deal to offer to investors, this would have been a place to get the deal closed. 

I met a few people, including of course Ann...and of course I will be back. I don't know if any of you BPers were in attendance last night but certainly I will try and connect with you the next time around. 

Great job to Ann and the Black Diamond team....

Loading replies...