Central Massachusetts Investors - First Black Diamond Meeting

6 Replies

I had the privilege of attending one of @Ann Bellamy 's Black Diamond meetings in Worcester, MA last night. I arrived about 25 minutes into the networking portion of the event but made it nonetheless. The program they put together was great. I learned a lot about some fairly new state regulations relating to building renovations and energy efficiency. If you're doing renovations and/or new construction in Massachusetts and aren't familiar with terms like Stretch Energy Code and HERS ratings, you really need to do some research before your next project.

If you're an investor/landlord in the Worcester/Central MA area you really should make a point to attend a Black Diamond meeting. As promised there was no selling, it was a relaxed atmosphere, and there was definitely a lot of knowledge in the room.

I'm not at the point in my career where I'm actively looking for deals but I know for the future that if I am, this is the place to be. Also, if I had a deal to offer to investors, this would have been a place to get the deal closed. 

I met a few people, including of course Ann...and of course I will be back. I don't know if any of you BPers were in attendance last night but certainly I will try and connect with you the next time around. 

Great job to Ann and the Black Diamond team....

Thanks, Rob, we appreciate the kind words and the unsolicited testimonial.  Nice to meet you, and yes, there were other BPers there.  When you stand up and introduce yourself, you can always say you are looking to meet other BPers. 

Good for you getting out to the meeting Rob.

Lest anyone think he is a shill I can assure you he is totally accurate.

Ann and her partners put on 2 great meetings every month.

I don't get out to the Worcester one that much but always go to the Waltham one (Next Tuesday FYI) and it is great.

All investors should be getting out to some of their local networking events and for anyone in Massachusetts these meetings are as good as you are going to get for real estate education and networking. 

Not at all affiliated with Black Diamond, just a raving fan. 

We appreciate it, @Shaun Reilly , you've been a very vocal supporter.  Our meeting next week will be very interesting - the developer of Abbot Mill in Westford MA is going to present on the 9 year project, including tunnels, building underground parking, moving buildings, and installing a canal heat exchanger.  

Originally posted by @Ann Bellamy :

We appreciate it, @Shaun Reilly, you've been a very vocal supporter.  Our meeting next week will be very interesting - the developer of Abbot Mill in Westford MA is going to present on the 9 year project, including tunnels, building underground parking, moving buildings, and installing a canal heat exchanger.  

So more or less you your standard fluff and buff rehab.  :) 

Thanks to both Rob & Shaun!  It wouldn't be as good of a meeting without quality individuals like you guys attending!  

OK - so maybe Reilly doesn't attend the Worcester meetings, but either way, it's appreciated.  :)  

@Rob Beland I was there to but I had to cut out before the networking portion. I found the presentation on HERS to be quite eye informative. Black Diamond really put on a good presentation and I will be attending the meeting in Waltham next week. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.