Attention All Delaware & Philadelphia County Landlords

6 Replies

I'm hoping to find landlords/property managers/investors who rent properties in Lansdowne, Delaware County, PA & Philly area. I'd like to get an idea of the demand for rentals. I want to purchase a commercial property (5-20 units) and want to know of the pros & cons of operating there: tenant pool size and quality, administrative burden from the Borough, inspections, and necessary licenses or certifications. 

Any information would be great!

Hello @Ayodeji Kuponiyi

I don't have any landlord experience in Delaware county, but I do have years of experience in Philly.  With 48% of the population in Philadelphia renting it is a great city to landlord. 

I have submitted a number of posts giving information/advice on the best neighbors, researching rents, and some of the look out when dealing with the city and the utilizes companies.

Try searching on my name to see if you can find my previous post...to much to repost hear.  If you can't find them here send a message to my inbox and I will provide you with details.

I don't understand.

According to your profile: Ayodeji Kuponiyi is the co-founder of The Kuponiyi Properties Group with his wife and has been involved in real estate investing for over 2 years. Ayodeji invests and manages rental properties in Lansdowne, PA. Ayodeji focus on buy and hold investing with cash flowing single-family and multi-family properties.

SO, you say you already own and manage rentals in Lansdowne which means you should have been dealing with the borough and should know the market and the pros and cons of it since you already have properties there. IF you haven't gone through the proper process to make your rentals legal you should stop by the borough and get it done. The guys at the borough are really nice ( and will HELP you out) if you've been playing by the rules. By not doing things the proper way you give the rest of us who are doing it on the up and up a bad name.

@Andy C. Yes I own and manage a duplex in Lansdowne but I'm looking into moving into commercial properties or small apartments. I have an idea of of the borough and my rental is legal I recently just had my annual inspection done and no issues were raised from the inspector except for I should buy more rentals like the one I currently own. So I have been doing things the right way I just wanted to know how pros & cons for commercial properties.

Who are the guys at the borough that you are referring to?

The guys who handle the inspections have given me a great deal of insight into parts of town and what part of town I should be looking into.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.