Hey just wanted to get some info on how would i go about getting low income properties for section 8. Wouldn't section 8 take off the hassle of worrying about will the tenant pay on time or even at all. Any suggestions on what precautions and procedures i should consider when it comes to section 8?
I would do the following:
1. Contact the local housing authority to find out what you need to do to get your properties inspected/approved for section 8. Look for bulletin boards or ways you can advertise there.
2. Include in marketing that you accept Section 8
3. Find and read this book and similar books on poverty and renting in the low income arena. This one is great:
4. Review the many threads and posts about poverty, low income, and section 8 available on Bigger Pockets. Here is one of my posts that may be of help:
Best of luck! Section 8 is a great way to be less concerned about getting paid, but it also attracts a different type of tenant, depending on what neighborhood class your units are in.
@Michele Fischer very helpful info. Thanks for the Book request. I will certainly be reading both books.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you