• Investor
  • Memphis, TN
Votes |
Got seller under contract...WELL, Almost

Anthony Frank
  • Investor
  • Memphis, TN
Posted Aug 20 2015, 16:11

Hey BP Fam, needing some advice. I have a guy here in Memphis that is looking to sell all 4 properties that he currently owns. I've seen the homes and negotiated a price with him that he is willing to sell them at. He's dealing with an attorney that's working his case where they are going through bankruptcy. So the guy is unwilling to go under contract with me  unless he knows for sure the home will be bought by "my partner" because of the contingencies in the contract. He's saying every time he takes a contract or anything to that attorney they are charging him, so he doesn't want to waste money with the attorney unless he knows for sure it will sell. And the contract has contingencies of course to allow myself an out clause to not be stuck with the houses. I can't guarantee the sell and the contingencies are there for a reason, also i don't want to show other investors the properties that I currently don't have under contract and some just vulture me. If I had an end buyer investor that I trusted than yes, but I'm new and haven't built that with anyone yet. This will be my first deal to get done. What do you guys think? Advice

Loading replies...