• Investor
  • Closter, NJ
Votes |
Need some help- new investor

Andrew Kala
  • Investor
  • Closter, NJ
Posted Aug 22 2015, 11:10

hey guys, I am new to this forum and needed some advice. My goal is to purchase wholesale properties/find motivated/distressed sellers and either buy and hold or flip, or both.

I am trying to compile a mailing and calling list but seem to be a bit confused on where to start. I have purchased a membership to rebogateway and I am trying to utilize it as a source for creating a mailing list to go out to pre foreclosure owners. Some questions I hve:

1) On some of these list building websites, what does a "farm" mean.

2) On the rebogateway website, I noticed that it states that you can find NOD properties by searching through "record date" or "insert date"....what exactly is the difference?

3) rebogateway again- It provides be dates that I can search NOD by "from" and "to" ...I understand this simply means that I can search through their records to find various dates when a home owner received their lis pendent notice, but is there any advantage to going further back? For example: from 01/8/12 to 02/5/15 versus from 01/7/14 to 04/14/ 15 for example.

4) I am assuming rebogateway is only for direct mailing because no phone #s exist on the database it seems? 

5) Can anyone recommend a good source to find a CALLING list twhich can be utilized to reach Pre foreclosure owners or out of state/absentee owners?

Ideally I would like to making between 200-300 calls on a daily basis but I just need some guidance on where to find/build this list from? 

Thank you very much for any answers and apologize for my lack of knowledge in the space as I am trying to gain as much experience and guidance in the beginning right now.

Loading replies...