best strategy in todays up market in los angeles to make $$

2 Replies

I am new on this site. I have done a few personal Re deals but nothing full time. Now as my wife just got her an RE agent license. She has mls access

I am curious as to what strategy is working in this up RE market in los angeles area.

Flips or Reo's  or ?????

I have no capital but  good credit, biz experience, good research skills, no rehabbing skills

Any one wants to share  current success stories???

I will appreciate any help

Thanks

Zul Hirani

My wife and I are located up the 101 from you in Oxnard. We are currently working on our first fix and flip project.  Although I'm not in LA, I'm putting my money on half of your responses will be from fix and flip investors who say that you can make money flipping but it's getting harder to find deals and people are overpaying on the front end.  The other half will be from buy and hold investors who say that there is no cash flow in LA so you need to either buy hoping for appreciation or look out towards Riverside or even out of state. Although we are fairly new and a small scale team, we are still marketing for distressed homes in Ventura County.  If you would like to connect and talk more about Simi Valley or the rest of Ventura County, feel free to shoot me a private message.

Originally posted by @Cornelius Charles :

Zul Hirani

My wife and I are located up the 101 from you in Oxnard. We are currently working on our first fix and flip project.  Although I'm not in LA, I'm putting my money on half of your responses will be from fix and flip investors who say that you can make money flipping but it's getting harder to find deals and people are overpaying on the front end.  The other half will be from buy and hold investors who say that there is no cash flow in LA so you need to either buy hoping for appreciation or look out towards Riverside or even out of state. Although we are fairly new and a small scale team, we are still marketing for distressed homes in Ventura County.  If you would like to connect and talk more about Simi Valley or the rest of Ventura County, feel free to shoot me a private message.

Guys

The water great out here in Riverside, some of us are making it big on little deals it's become a way of life.  I have looked at well over 100 LA county deals and for the couple of hundred thousand it takes to fund a 600k plus flip and only make $75,000 just doesn't sit right with me. 

We have much smaller values but a much larger spead.  Both of you are invited to come out and see us, we would love some new friends.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you