All the data in this post is from the Texas Quarterly Housing Report provided by the Texas Association of Realtors. You will find the link to access the entire report at the end of this post.
You will see in this report that Houston is very much a healthy housing market for investors. The overall state of Texas is doing very well and especially noticeable in the major cities and metropolitan areas. I have taken the liberty to provide some numbers from the report below on the major cities/metros.
Reviewing the Houston numbers it seems finding the right wholesale property will allow investors to sell quickly and make great returns. Finding the right properties right now will also provide some exciting times this summer as that time of year is historically even better compared to the first quarter. Coupled with the oil industry picking back up should set up investors for a outstanding year here in the great state of Texas.
Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land
- Median Home Price: $207,000 (Up 3.5%)
- Single Family Homes Sold: 15,921 (Up 1.7%)
- Months of Inventory: 2.8
- Median Home Price: $215,000 (Up 8.6%)
- Single Family Homes Sold: 20,206 (Up 14.3%)
- Months of Inventory: 1.9
- Median Home Price: $267,448 (Up 8.4%)
- Single Family Homes Sold: 6,487 (Up 14.3%)
- Months of Inventory: 2.0
San Antonio-New Braunfels
- Median Home Price: $191,999 (Up 4.4%)
- Single Family Homes Sold: 6,401 (Up 13%)
- Months of Inventory: 3.2
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you