• Flipper/Rehabber
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
What type of Property should I start with? I have the Capital

Josh Freeman
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Tampa, FL
Posted Jul 23 2016, 17:15

Hello All, My name is Josh Freeman.  I'm located in Tampa, FL and  I'm a new PRO Member of BiggerPockets..Here goes my first post.. Its kind of lengthy, but thanks for reading and any replies are appreciated!

I am looking for suggestions of which type of properties I should be targeting to get my real estate investing career launched based on these goals and my current situation. (I am pretty well informed and have read multiple books thus far over the last 8-12 months) My girlfriend just got her Real Estate License and we have MLS access. She hangs her license at Pineywoods in Tampa, FL. We also have a great Mortgage broker who has been committed to helping us find the best loans.

Background:

Degree in Finance, Started my career in banking and I work at home as a Recruiter. Have read several Real Estate Book recommendations from Bigger-pockets. LLC established as of November 2015. I have great credit. (730+)

Goals:

My goal is to obtain 100+  cash flowing rental units within the next 3-5 years and grow that to 500 units within 10 years. I want my rental portfolio to include a mix of SFR and MFR. 

I believe holding SFR's in the Tampa market would be beneficial based on the growing appreciation in our market. 

Continue to build my real estate empire and quit my job ASAP! 

Capital:

I have 115,000 Cash and access to 150K personal line of credit at a 4.5% interest rate, and access to Hard Money if I need it. (400K hard money approval)

Strategy:

Purchase first rental property(s), Refinance, Purchase more, Rinse and Repeat

which type of Property should I start with?

Thank you for your feedback!

-Josh

Loading replies...