investing in real estate

4 Replies

Hi, has anyone invested there money in real estate investment groups? If you have is it a good way to start in real estate? And also are there any investment groups that you recommend?

@Marco Deleon   Well lots of people invest in REITs and Hedge funds. 

When you say "Investment Group" I am not sure exactly what you are referring too. Are you talking about Private Placements? If so you  need to evaluate each one on it's merits. Are you talking about lending to or being an equity partner is such groups? Are you going to be a passive investor or a active participant in the  management of the group?

Hi @Marco Deleon -- Welcome to BiggerPockets!

Whenever you're investing your funds in a "group", often that means you're investing in a fund or pooled Investment. Therefore you are under the direction of, and leaving control to, one or more managers who may not be competent, or worse yet a crook.

One of my rules for successful real estate investing is to be a "direct investor". 

Continued success!

There are successful pooled investor groups. However, as a private lender I take the approach of @Marco Santarelli . If you are interested in joining a pooled group as a lender be sure to vet the group.

Thank you for the advice and warm welcome. I was just curious on what approach I should take as a new real estate investor and how to invest 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.