Votes
Jonathan Hammann
  • Las Vegas, NV
Votes |
Tax Lien Buyers Club, Don't Do It!!!

Jonathan Hammann
  • Las Vegas, NV
Posted Feb 24 2017, 15:04

First of all sure, maybe you did it and had good time, buttt from what I've read all over the internet its basically crap. Sure the info and videos were good. However they don't tell you the full story.

I was told, like everyone else, that the properties were "screened" ok... sure, long story short my lady who works at Tax Lien Buyers club, pressured me into buying them, saying oh, "these are the last ones, so I need you to hurry and sign them." So I called her and said well I can't even find the addresses. I had to do my own digging and found out after I bought the liens they were actually two lots that are assessed at $2800. Btw I Paid $750 on two of these. Great....(I know it was dumb to just trust, but I guess since thats what the company does is say OH HEY TRUST ME but ultimately its on you...).

I was told that i would receive the liens by the county in the mail in a matter of 2-4 weeks... NOPE! 

Thats when things started feeling scam-ish... 

So, I lost contact over  span of 6 months. I would email but no reply. I literally had to find her on FB and message her, which it was a very fast response. My first message being "HI _____!" (didn't want to give her the tip off of, "oh hey btw how are my liens going?")

I felt a sense of, "oh we sold him these two lots... thats his problem now. Mission accomplished." So three days ago

Anyways I asked her the status of my liens and told her idk what happened we just lost contact. She told me to schedule an appointment with her assistant... cool did. I had to wait 3 days to schedule a phone call with her assistant in which 30 mins prior her assistant emailed me and said, "oh can't make it sorry heres a number to call to get your liens" (the county office)

So I call, ... voicemail... ok no ones fault. It's just upsetting that I waited 3 days for a phone call and got a phone number that went to voicemail. So I message my original lady back and tell her basically I got blown off(respectfully). She says she's sorry and contacts the assistant and boom phone call within a couple of hours. 

She explains to me that Basically ill have to call the country and PURCHASE the liens for anywhere from $60-1000. If i don't Ill lose my "investment" put in... So basically, I'm in this deal for $750 each, and if i want to recoup my money ill have to buy the papers each from the county. Making each one come to $810-1750. for a lot assessed at $2800... Buttt then Ill get stuck with the property most likely. Possibly paying taxes on 2 lots for a long while...

This is just MY STORY, IF IT WORKED FOR YOU AWESOME.

Im mostly upset AT MYSELF for getting pushed around in this the way I did.

ANY ADVICE? Comments? Questions?

Loading replies...