General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Tony Wooldridge
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Walla Walla, WA
Votes |
Tax DQ, How can I help? What else can I do?

Tony Wooldridge
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Walla Walla, WA
Posted Mar 17 2017, 21:40

Hello BP!  I completed my first DMM campaign 3 weeks ago and was targeting both absentee owners as well as TAX DQ properties.  I am getting ready to send out my second wave of mailers at the end of this month.   I am happy to say that my response rate has been great.  I haven't closed on a deal quite yet and thought that I have heard the last of the phone calls as they slowed down with every passing week.  However, yesterday I received a call from a women that is TAX DQed and is literately days away from losing her property to tax foreclosure from the county (However, she didn't mention this when she left the original message) .  I called and left a message last night but never heard back from her.  So I looked at what time she originally called me and left a message and decided I would call her around about that same time.  

Yesterday after getting home from my W2 I jumped on the computer to research her property further and also called the treasurers office and they informed me that they are getting ready to foreclose on her property. I called her and she answered. I asked her my standard questions (why do you want to sell, how long have you owned the home, do you have a mortgage on the property, are you current on your mortgage and taxes).  So when I called her I didn't let on that I knew about the taxes right away as I wanted her to  explain to me why she was interested in responding to my yellow letter.  However, as I started to get to the mortgage and more importantly the tax question she started to shut down and then all of the sudden the phone call went silent and then nothing.  She had hung up.  I immediately called her back she answered but hang up on me.  I tried back again and it went straight to voicemail.  I left a message for her to reach out to me to further our discussion still not mentioning anything about the TAX DQ.  

So I realize that this is a touchy subject and can be very embarrassing for anyone in this situation and certainly not easy talking to someone about it let alone to a complete stranger on the phone.  So with that said my thoughts are to reach back out to her and leave her a message (I am assuming she will not answer my call) explaining how difficult of a situation this is and how delicate it needs to be treated.  But I am here to help offer a solution to her situation and if she will allow me to help I could help her to avoid going through a tax foreclosure and what that in-tells.  So I ask you BP am I on the right track or should I do something different?  Any and all input from you guys would be greatly appreciated.  I truly don't want this lady to have to go through this process especially if I know that I could have help do something about it.  What do you think?  Thanks ahead of time for your help.  

Loading replies...