General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
N/A N/A
Votes |
another time share sucker

N/A N/A
Posted Aug 3 2008, 11:00

Hey, I don't know if this is an appropriate forum for my question, but I'll give it a go:

A couple years ago I bought into a timeshare. (Yes, now I know that that's a scary sentence, but I didn't know it at the time.) Having always been told that property is among the safest investments, I thought it would be a good way to get a slice of investment pie without forking over a whole lot of cash on a second home. Now, I've used the TS as a vacation spot just once -- it's not such a great vacation, actually -- and I'm paying maintenance fees that get steeper and steeper. I'd love to sell it, but apparently so would every other TS owner in the world: everyone's selling, nobody's buying. I'd be throwing away even more money just to list it, because as I said, nobody's buying. Even if I donate the thing, I'd still be responsible for maintenance fees. Worst of all, I think, is that my children aren't in line to inherit a slice of property, but instead a financial weight. I'm just sick of it all and desperate to get rid of the thing.

Now that I've spelled out all this despair (thanks for listening), I wonder if anyone out there has some advice. Thanks in advance,

Harmon

Loading replies...