• Investor
  • Away
Votes |
Nashville an Investor Paradise?

Zachery Buffin
  • Investor
  • Away
Posted Jul 19 2017, 08:16

I will start this by saying I am relatively new to the market but I must be missing something because I never really see anyone at bigger pockets really talking about it. Nashville, indeed middle Tennessee as a whole, is a perfect market for investors. Sure we have all seen the fix and flip shows, we have seen the gurus talking about "easy" money but I have actually seen a good bit of success for flippers here first hand. In the past two weeks I have seen 5 houses move around 75% ARV after rehab. There are still really great deals out here, which only get better as you move out into the surrounding suburbs. The infrastructure of a great team is her as well, a lot of good contractors out here who know the game and private money to work with. I have even seen hard money lending at around 10% for people on the second loan they get. Tennessee has some of the absolute lowest property taxes in the United States of America overall, no state income tax for residents and a friendly-to-business tax system as well. Nashville has great tourism, great rental migration for work and appreciation generating property everywhere.

Maybe I have been missing the posts about middle Tennessee but if I haven't that means you might be missing the boat on great investments. What do you guys think? Is Nashville the promise land it seems to be or am I missing something? 

https://www.biggerpockets.com/calculators/shared/7...

This is just one deal I saw move over the weekend, they actually paid less than the calculator suggests you should to make 50k on the deal. they paid less than 190k for it which means they have more profit potential and/or more wiggle room for set backs.

Loading replies...