• Rental Property Investor
  • Aurora, CO
Votes |
Long distance Airbnb

Clay L.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Aurora, CO
Posted Aug 16 2017, 21:25

Hey guys, first post here and really enjoying my new found obsession with Bigger Pockets.

I currently live in the Denver CO area and own another home (apart from my primary) in the Rocky Mountains at 10,000ft that I use strictly as an Airbnb. This home provides excellent cash flow averaging around $2,500 per month after all expenses and mortgage paid.

I am considering a move next summer to Nashville TN and wanted to see if people have had luck with operating a vacation rental from long distance. I am usually going up to the home at least once per month to deliver supplies and do little things to improve the guests experience here and there. I do have a dependable housekeeper and maintenance guy but I am very OCD and always updating decor and doing little projects here and there to enhance the guest experience and I am concerned that without my hands in things I will not be able to operate at the same high level and was curious what results others have had with long distance.

I am aware that there are turn key vacation rental companies that will reply to messages and schedule cleanings and such but I'm not interested in those. I am fine to continue updating the calendar and replying to guests. I just want to see how people have seen their Airbnbs perform once their personal touch was taken away from the property.

Thanks!

-Clayton

Loading replies...