Potential Quadplex - looking for advice/suggestions

5 Replies

Hi all, looking for advice on a potential quadplex. Monthly expenses will be $1866 & monthly income $2360. Asking price is $219,900. How high would you feel comfortable going on this deal? Any comments/suggestions appreciated. thanks!

$236K, 1% rental rule.

What do the expenses include? It's already a little tight on cash flow for 4 units.

Thanks for the replies,

Monthly expenses include: garbage $15, electricity $83, gas $124, snow removal $15, insurance $141, property taxes $294, mortgage $722.03, 5% vacancy estimate ($118), 5% repair estimate ($118), & %10 CapEx estimate ($236).

If this is your first property, I would suggest budgeting for property management. Initially you may plan to manage yourself but at some point you may find that you have better things to do with your time. $600 on a quad is pretty decent if your reserves are correct. If I were looking at this one, I would add 10% PM fees and adjust offer to keep me at $600 cash flow with 15% down payment.
@Ryan S. crunching a few numbers quickly, my personal max offer on this would be about $185k. That's using 15% down, 4.75 rate amortized over 25 years. That would put me at about $550-600/month cash flow after all expenses

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.