Potential Quadplex - looking for advice/suggestions

5 Replies

Hi all, looking for advice on a potential quadplex. Monthly expenses will be $1866 & monthly income $2360. Asking price is $219,900. How high would you feel comfortable going on this deal? Any comments/suggestions appreciated. thanks!

$236K, 1% rental rule.

What do the expenses include? It's already a little tight on cash flow for 4 units.

Thanks for the replies,

Monthly expenses include: garbage $15, electricity $83, gas $124, snow removal $15, insurance $141, property taxes $294, mortgage $722.03, 5% vacancy estimate ($118), 5% repair estimate ($118), & %10 CapEx estimate ($236).

If this is your first property, I would suggest budgeting for property management. Initially you may plan to manage yourself but at some point you may find that you have better things to do with your time. $600 on a quad is pretty decent if your reserves are correct. If I were looking at this one, I would add 10% PM fees and adjust offer to keep me at $600 cash flow with 15% down payment.
@Ryan S. crunching a few numbers quickly, my personal max offer on this would be about $185k. That's using 15% down, 4.75 rate amortized over 25 years. That would put me at about $550-600/month cash flow after all expenses

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.