What Would You Do With This Kitchen?

3 Replies

I have a rental property that I am currently updating, and I would like some opinions on what I should do with the kitchen. The previous tenant had some unique tastes that most prospective tenants would not care for. I am planning to install vinyl plank flooring and paint the walls white. Any thoughts on what color I should go with for the cabinets? This property is in a B class neighborhood. I don't want to go overboard, but I would like to give it a fresh look that will appeal to tenants. 

Hey Eric, 

If you are using a property management team, I would ask them for what works best in the area.

You can also check on Redfin/ Zillow/ Trulia to check out rental comps and see what is common in your local market.

Maybe leave the bottom cabinets black and paint the uppers white.

Your bottom cabinets it looks like are not wood so let them be. If you do the walls white paint the top cabinets cream, something that goes with the countertop. A glass tile backsplash will add something at not much cost. Alternately I have used beadbord but that depends on your area. That is the minimal cost makeover. If you can paint all the cabinets grey is popular against white.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here