- First Tip: Licensed and Insured – Make sure your contractor is a GA State licensed contractor. Licensed are usually more trustworthy and professional. You can go to the state of GA licensing board website. Also make sure your contractor is insured to protect you against any possible accidents or damage to your property during the construction phase of your project.
- Second Tip : Make sure the contractor is Experience. Is the contractor experience for your project- Different projects require different experience…”Like you would not hire an interior decorator to pour a concrete sidewalk at your house… you would select a General Contractor to manage the project or you would hire a concrete subcontractor if you want to manage the work yourself.
- Third Tip: References –check references…make a scheduled site visits to the proposed contractor current or completed projects similar to your project. Look for a Clean and Safe site, look for quality craftsmanship, and talk to the past or current clients…..do not just dial a number…. get out and see what is going on.
Good post Mr. Mitchell.
I'd add - Review the Contract (assuming the GC presents you with one). Look for up front costs and total costs, scope of work included (and not included!) and the operating terms and conditions for which the owner or GC is responsible. It is a great way to start and open wide the communication channel for a successful project (or not!).
3 Twelve General Contracting #GCI000354
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate
Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing