I am a newbie and would like thoughts, ideas on a deal. I drove around a neighborhood and was able to find a seller rehabbing a multi-unit property. I stayed in contact to express my interest and eventually made a full price offer (which I was fine with) in November before it went on the market. Well, they had some final inspection issues with the City and we still haven't moved forward. Before doing yet another extension, I asked for what equals to 2 months lost rent. they said no, so I decided to walk away.
Now he wants to talk. I haven't even been able to get an inspection done because of delay. What are your thoughts? Wait or move on?
Yes, it was. Electrical issues with City Inspector so couldn't get permit and lights on. We did an extension based on that being resolved. So, to clarify, they are allowing inspection just having issues to get there. Thanks for the reply!
You don’t own it yet, you have no expenses/carrying costs, so asking for “2 months if lost” is a little whackadoo.
@Wayne Brooks totally,,,,, my thought where are the damages? he does not own it.. if anything its the sellers loss not the buyers..
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you
Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate
Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing