I am looking for good farm land in the South FLorida region within 60 minutes from Boca Raton. Looking for at least 1 acre. So far, I have only found residential/agricultural land in loxahatchee region for about 100k/acre.
1. Where are there good deals on farm land?
2. What price should I expect?
3. how to get a good deal?
4. creative ways to make offers/find land?
5. what are the zoning rules? What is zoning for agriculture called in So Flo?
Thank you for any help/information :D
Have you read up on the Greenbelt Law? Under the Florida Greenbelt Law, Florida farms for sale that are purchased and used for bona fide agricultural activities excluding wholesaling, retailing, or processing of farm products are to be taxed based on the current “use” value of the property versus its development value, which is typically much higher. This reduced value of the property allows property owners to pay a significantly lower amount in property taxes.
Is Wellington too far? There's a lot of horse property up there so you might have some luck there.
How many acres are you looking for? Less than 10 acres? Or more than 10 acres?
As for deals, there are some seller-financed deals out there.
Free eBook from BiggerPockets!
Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!
- Actionable advice for getting started,
- Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
- Learn how to get started with or without money,
- Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
- And a LOT more.
Sign up below to download the eBook for FREE today!
We hate spam just as much as you