New To Apartment Syndication

3 Replies

Hey everyone, I'm currently a wholesaler in the Bay Area, CA. I've been wholesaling for a while now and have been successful but looking to move on to bigger and better things!!! I've been looking into syndication and doing some initial research on this niche, looking to connect with local Investors who have experience in this field and who have already done deals or currently involved in deals. Let's connect, I'm ready to bring some value to the table!!

@Gabe Garibay   I would start with brokers that specialize in multifamily investment sales.  They will have a good understanding of who the players are in your market putting together syndicated offerings.

@Gabe Garibay my partner and I are just getting into syndicating now.  We spent a fairly long period meeting brokers so I do think that @Ryan Cox advice on that is correct but also got a couple multi families under our belts before we started taking investor money to do more.  I think track record is important in this.  If i were looking to park money with a syndication I would definitely want to know that the sponsor had some experience in multis.  

Also from a practical point I think in order to finance a bigger deal you will need some experience managing rentals or a partner that has that experience.  For us we had a fairly sizeable single family portfolio in the area we were buying our first multi family deal. If we didnt have that experience I doubt that the bank would have lent us the cash we needed.  

Jeffrey Holst, Real Estate Agent in Tennessee (#343371)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.