Wholesaling and Title Companies

4 Replies

I am from Pennsylvania does anyone know if you are ave to receive wholesaling agreement from title companies and get them looked over by my attorney? I’ve heard that some title companies have their own wholesale contract that they use

@Rhonda Parker I have never had that happen to me but you should select a good attorney to represent you and handle all of your deals. Once you interview and choose one then make it mandatory in your contracts that you must use that attorney to handle all closings. This way you will keep everything uniform for each transaction. I can recommend a few in the Pittsburgh market who are very good and have done thousands of closings

@Rhonda Parker

Wholesaling comes in so many different forms that I cannot imagine a title company having a single "universal form" that works for every situation. Also note that in Pennsylvania, there are: (1) title companies owned by attorneys; and (2) title companies that are owned by non-attorneys. There are pros and cons to both types, but you should be able to find an attorney who can also handle your title needs.  

Disclaimer: While I’m an attorney licensed to practice in PA, I’m not your attorney. What I wrote above does not create an attorney/client relationship between us. I wrote the above for informational purposes. Do not rely on it for legal advice. Always consult with your attorney before you rely on the above information.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you