Need help with LLC formation

1 Reply

I live in Texas and will be purchasing some properties in my home town in Florida. I want to create an LLC in Florida because i've read that the state where the property resides is the best place to form the LLC. The FL form asks for the principle place of business address. What do I put here since the business won't have an actual physical address in Florida (or anywhere else for that matter)?

Thanks!

for a Florida llc you need a Florida registered agent since you don't reside in Florida. Since the property is going to be in Florida you will need a Florida LLC (if not then you have to register your Texas llc as a "foreign llc" and would be double paying).

For place of business you should be able to use your Texas residence since that is where you would conduct business. You’d have to check with sunbiz to be sure.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you