Strategy for a Potential Pending Recession

2 Replies

What is everyone's gameplan for the looming recession? I know employment numbers look good, stock prices look good, home prices look good... but they all look good until they're not. I'm not trying to predict anything but this bull market from the lows of 2009 is now almost 10 years old. We're overdue, there is NO arguing that. So... how have your real estate investment goals changed over the last 5 years?

Are you still willing to buy a cash flowing property while staring down a 10-year-old bull market?

If you're raising capital, how much are you raising?

Is anyone here a net seller of real estate... LIKE THE CHINESE ARE DOING?

Let's talk, no magic predictions, just actions!

1st, I'm not going to change anything.  Why? 

2nd, I don't listen to "the sky is falling" predictions.  

Why?  

If I did, I wouldn't invest...ever.  These predictions have been going on for the past 15 years.

Well the "Why" is, if the odds are looking like there's going to be a slowdown (maybe not everywhere, but generally speaking) do you act or just power forward doing the same thing. Not saying your method is stupid, just curious on the general consensus of like-minded investors.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you