Tax Lien For A Firefighter

1 Reply

Hello All, 

I am new to this forum, and also new to real estate in general. I am a Full-time Firefighter/Paramedic. I work 24 hours on and have 48 hours off. They pay me handsomely for a job I absolutely love and I am incredibly passionate about, and for a job that I have a lot of time off for. I want to see more passive income coming in for me. I have seen and read up on tax liens, and that looks like a great way to increase passive income. I am looking for someone to connect with that’s I can learn from. I would love to pick someones brain that has a lot of experience in this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! 

@Scott Harm there are a LOT of posts here about tax liens. I set up a "Keyword alert" for tax liens and tax sale so I get notified of any posts on the subject. 

Tax liens are not near as good an investment as the pitches for them make them sound.It is not exactly "passive" income. If you only bid on safe properties for the interest; then you are competing with others that often drive the interest rate down to 6% or less. Sometimes even to zero! 

If you are not buying only the best, you are taking a lot of risk unless you do a lot of work to research what you are buying. 

You can do well with tax liens. I do. But I wouldn't call it passive.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you