• Columbia, MD
Votes |
Business Partner Difficulty

Gerald Jordan
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Columbia, MD
Posted Apr 24 2019, 15:34

Here is my proposed question for you to send at your leisure on my behalf to Bigger Pockets.

There are three women named in a Will to inherit a house in Panama from an Aunt. Female A and Female B are legal half-sisters. Female C is a blood cousin only to Female A and not related to Female B at all.   Female C is listed as a sister to both Female A and Female B in the Will. Female C (who is not related by blood or marriage to the deceased Aunt) has taken over the legal process of the Will proceedings.

Note: Female A is related to both Female B and Female C by blood; however Female B and Female C are no relations to each other. In addition, Female B did not include Female A in the legal Will proceedings of their mutual father years earlier and is working with Female C to exclude Female A from the Will proceedings process. What can be done, so that Female A can inherit her portion of the house without working with either Female B or Female C who lack integrity? Yes, this is a true-real life drama.

Thank you for your input and suggestions.

My business partner presented this to me but I could not offer any direction as her legal counsel is not assisting the family in a manner of resolving the conflict. The process is very confusing at this stage.

Gerald Jordan

Loading replies...