Crowdfunding Real Estate

5 Replies

I thinking about starting a real estate crowdfund, I just need some advice on how to go about it. I understand how it works but I just need some help as far as the actual setting up of the crowdfund. And where to start.

@Rory Samuels

You should make an outline and game it out. What are you intending to fund? SFH flips or rentals? multi family?

You will need your entity so LLC or Corp., EIN and Bank account.

You will need a business plan and operating memorandum.

You will need to figure out whether you want to be Reg A, Reg D and what exemptions you will file under, then if state blue sky applies. 

You will need to have a private placement memorandum and an investor pitch deck aka presentation.

You will need a trust and escrow company to handle your incoming investor funds.

Securities Attorney! 

Promotion
BiggerPockets
The one-stop-shop for REI
Find Local Home Improvement Pros!
Check out our network of trusted, local contractors for all of your home improvement projects.
Find a Contractor

@Rory Samuels

I'm doing all of that I mentioned right now. There is a learning curve. I'm doing a log of everything I'm doing as I go. For instance I was on the tech support help line with the SEC yesterday. They probably have the best tech support in the federal government. I give them a lot of props for that. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you