Pro Member
  • Vallejo, CA
Votes |
Effective Networking at Meet Ups

Julian Pilate-Hutcherson
Pro Member
  • Vallejo, CA
Posted Sep 27 2019, 18:47

What are some valuable tips to effectively network at major real estate conferences? 

More specifically, if you are searching for partnerships, what are great questions to ask potential partners to ensure a good fit? 

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Sep 27 2019, 21:07
Originally posted by @Julian Pilate-Hutcherson:

What are some valuable tips to effectively network at major real estate conferences? 

More specifically, if you are searching for partnerships, what are great questions to ask potential partners to ensure a good fit? 

Check out this video about the upcoming Nashville Conference for some good tips.

You need to know what you bring to the partnership and what you need in a partner. For example, maybe you're really good at finding deals but you don't have the funds. Or maybe you have money but don't know how to manage them (or want to). Maybe you have contractor experience and can evaluate a flip and do the work but don't have the down-payment.

I also think it's important to know how to vet any potential partner. Personally, I only want to partner with people I already know, like, and trust. I want someone with similar goals and temperament.

There's more to it, but I hope that helps you get started.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 30 2019, 07:40

Nathan is totally right! The cool thing about having partners is creating a synergy with complementary skills and personalities. I have a detail-oriented type a partner who complements my more strategic big picture mindset. He is a very warm and social person, while I am more numbers oriented and clinical. These differences help us balance each other out and make great decisions! However, the most important thing is to get along with your partner on a personal level. In my humble opinion, working with somebody you don't get along with is not worth the hit to your personal happiness. Life's too short to waste on downers!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes