Turnkey in Nashville

5 Replies

There's tons of turnkey companies in Memphis but none in Nashville. Nashville doesn't have any cash flow to support a turnkey company. I have bought turnkeys elsewhere, but not in Memphis.. I don't like the market for investing personally. But if you search "Memphis turnkeys" in the search box, there will be a million posts that talk about the companies there.

Originally posted by @Mark S. :

@Ali Boone, why don’t you like the Memphis market?

Personal preference. But I think there's higher cash flow elsewhere, I prefer more industry-diverse markets, I've never heard of anyone ever purposefully wanting to move to Memphis (speaks to demand), the renter-to-owner ratio is predominantly renters which can affect exit strategy, and there's been weird dynamics over the years with all the hedge funds in and out buying everything up and then selling everything back at the end of the funds' terms. I love to visit Memphis, but that's about it. Never been interested in investing in it.

Hey @Jasmin Whitson

There was a company at the BiggerPockets Conference in Nashville that did something somewhat like turnkey but not a true Turnkey in Nashville. they had a PM and helped you find deals and had renovation crews more like they helped BRRRR investors. anyways thats all I have heard of in Nashville. Hard to buy and hold over there because of low cashflow and high appreciation etc.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here