General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Blaine Shannon
Votes |
Carlton Sheets

Blaine Shannon
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:57

I've seen it suggested in this site to buy Carlton Sheets system. I've heard it's really not worth the money. It doesn't work for places like southern Calif. Where prices are so high. I've heard it is best for areas where housing markeit is really low. Anyone have any advice on this or experience?

User Stats

Votes
Blaine Shannon
Votes |
Replied Feb 18 2007, 07:33

Why are people on this site pushing Carlton Sheets? Are they getting a commision? Check out this site before you invest in Carlton Sheets.

http://www.infomercialscams.com/scams/carlton_sheets_no_down_paymen

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Dorkin
Pro Member
  • BiggerPockets Founder
  • Maui, HI
Votes |
Pro Member
  • BiggerPockets Founder
  • Maui, HI
Replied Feb 18 2007, 19:54

No one on the site is getting any commission for recommending any courses. We don't allow that. People are probably recommending it because they may have found it helpful.

There may be a few shills around, but otherwise, that's what it looks like.

As for the Sheets materials, it not bad, but not excellent either. The material is very basic - good for someone with little to no experience to get some ideas.

Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.

User Stats

Votes
Matt H
Votes |

ARE YOU KIDDING ME....

It's the best thing since sliced bread, that course carries more weight than MR T carries around his neck, and if I study that course even one more time I'm afraid I'll turn into the next Donald.

And if you don't have that course and are not listening to it each day too and from work, then here's what you should do. Just leave this forum once and for all and forget all about real estate investing. It's definitely not for you. Just go back to your 9 to 5 job, because without that course you'll have no clue how to get started.

You can pick up cheap ones on Ebay. Good luck.

User Stats

Votes
Blaine Shannon
Votes |
Replied Feb 19 2007, 22:50

Okay, maybe I will have to take a look at it. Why are there so many out there that feel like they got scammed? Maybe I live in the wrong area for it. So Cal. the last auction I went the starting big was 1.1 mil. the house was work about 2 mil. of course noboby bid. Where I live you have to have the full amount in a cashiers check at the auction.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 21 2007, 22:23

I'm having a hard time figuring out if r2d246 was being sarcastic.....

-Martin

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 22 2007, 00:06
Originally posted by "drdank":
I'm having a hard time figuring out if r2d246 was being sarcastic.....

So am I...Mr T comment was funny tho lol.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Feb 22 2007, 00:11

Yeah that was good!

I pity tha fool who doesn't buy Carlton Sheets' program...

-Martin

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Webber
  • Wholesaler
  • Amarillo, TX
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Amarillo, TX
Replied Feb 24 2007, 02:00

I think r2d2 was being sarcastic and helpful at the sametime. Odd mixture but that's r2 for you.

Obviously Carlton Sheets is not required, but you can find it cheap on Ebay.

User Stats

Votes
Matt H
Votes |

Am I just being sarcastic? And do I really study his course? No no, why would I believe in his course...his course only allowed me to become a multi millionaire starting with no experience, no properties, and little to no cash and happening over about a 3 year period. Buying a 48 unit worth 2m generating 35k per month, and a 15 unit apartment which I bought with just 100k and now just cashed out of for $1m net net after all expenses and mortgage payout. So why would I believe in his course? That would be foolish don't you think. .....now go buy his course, or your gonna get whacked, capeesh!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 4 2007, 10:59

I did the Carleton Sheets course and coaching. It was a great start. 10 years and 10 properties later I STILL look at that course every once in a while.

I have graduated to other material. If you want more intensive study, I'd suggest Bill bronchick's materials.

Especially the stuff on wealth preservation.
The only issue I have with all of these home study courses is the price.
Why is this stuff so expesive?

Check out www.REI-Options.blogspot.com
For $10 bucks you can't find better info on REI'ng

Take Very Good Care

HuntMan1