• Grand Rapids, MI
Votes |
Why I love being a investor

Eric Medemar
  • Real Estate Coach
  • Grand Rapids, MI
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:56

Here are just a few reasons why its great to be a real estate investor

1. You write your own paycheck-95% of people that I know have to work harder in order to make more money, I only need to work smarter. I know that alot of people like the satisfaction of knowing that if they work x amount of hours they will get Y amount of pay. I realize that many people would real estate investing stressful, I would find it far more stressful to be at a 9 to 5 knowing that in order to make more money I would have to work more hours.

For example, I just closed a home friday that I made a $17,000 net profit, That would be the equivalent to working a full year 2000 hours at $8.50 an hour, which alot of people do. I had about 10-15 hours into the deal. My guys had to work hard but I only had to write checks.

2. Knowing that if I fail, its my own da*mn fault-- Many people might see this as the huge disadvantage of real estate, but I see it as one of the largest plusses. In the era of corportate downsizing, and very minimal job security, I cant think of a boss in the whole world, than me. 99% of all jobs are there to make someone else rich besides you. When you are real estate investor your only job is to make yourself rich.

I love knowing that if I do good, my paycheck will do good, If I do bad, then my paychecks are bad. Its not like most jobs where there seems to be a large filter between both ends. With real estate investing if I put good in, I get good out, with most jobs you can put good, or even great in, yet you are totally dependant on what the human filter between you and the end.Any hardworker who has been downsized will tell you that.

3. Freedom-Though real estate investing is not the big ball of freedom that many think it is. Many times you go from having one stupid boss to many stupid bosses. Essentially the housing inspectors, building inspectors, buyers, and sellers become your boss.

The real freedom to me is waking up at 8-9 sitting with my family till 11, then going and looking at a couple of houses, if they look good then I sell them, or buy them, then go home. In the summer I can drive my vette or harley to look at homes, then head home and sit with my family by the pool.

4. No salary cap or timed raises-I had a friend of mine the other week tell me that she just got a raise of a Nickel and hour. What the heck does that equate to. Yeah $2.00 a week. I have other friend who are engineers and they reach there potential at $75,000. Which isnt bad money but, who would ever want to reach there potential, the sky is the limit in real estate. There are far more real estate millionaires that started with nothing, than corporate millionaires that started with nothing.

I like that you dont need a college education, you dont need to have the highest GPA, you can make it in real estate if you were raised by wolves under the shed in the back yard. Real estate doesnt have a glass cieling, or some bullsh*t corportate ladder. It doesnt involve having to kiss the a*s of some dude who you loathe, in order to get a raise.

I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture, there is no better job in the world.

Loading replies...