What would you do different if you had the knowledge you have now

1 Reply

Not marry my 2nd of three wives. Back in those days, apartment units were selling for $7,000 and she had addictions that were excessive, compulsive and she literally blew millions of dollars on drugs, gambling, cars and shopping. I could have owned more than 5,000 apartments with the money she blew and probably would be worth more than a billion dollars today. I was investing in real estate long before marrying my 2nd wife, but the cost to maintain her prohibited me from buying many properties I actually looked at and wanted to buy. There was a 7-unit property for sale for $49,000 in about 1980. Today, that property is worth $1.8 million and there were thousands of properties in that price range.

Regardless, I met a young Filipina girl, married her 2001 and we did so well I won't post the numbers.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you