• Investor
  • Midlothian, VA
Votes |
The importance of Follow Up

Account Closed#4 Coronavirus Conversation Contributor
  • Investor
  • Midlothian, VA
Posted Nov 23 2020, 07:01

I think follow up is the single most important factor for success in this business. I think you can do nothing special at all and with exceptional follow up you will find pretty good success. It involves more than just following up with sellers. You need to follow up with all the people you have been conversing with. If you ask someone to do something for you, not matter how small, you should follow up with them. Whether that entails a simple thank you or possibly a returning of the favor it will go a long way.

I find it frustrating when people need/want something from you they will absolutely blow up your phone. However, as soon as they get what they were so desperately seeking they become a ghost. It is really a blatant lack of respect for other people’s time. It is a recurring theme I have been seeing and I have to think it has negative effects on their business.

I personally remember when someone has treated my time as less valuable than theirs. It is not a feeling I enjoy and one that I will not allow people to do multiple times. Am I alone out there on this?