Newbie to investing

5 Replies

@Ahmad Coakley Hi there. We have several great investor clubs in our area. Check out the Tidewater Real Estate Investors Group and Hampton Roads Landlord Assoc. If you can make Peninsula meetings search for the Peninsula Real Estate Investors Assoc. That group is small enough they are back to meeting in person already - meeting guidelines of course. See you around town!

Hello Ahmad, and welcome to BP. What type of investing are you interested in? In addititon to the groups Patti recommended, you can request to join these groups on facebook:

Hampton Roads Investor Group: 

https://www.facebook.com/searc...

They hold monthly zoom meetups, and have tons of people asking questions, giving recommendations and showing off their deals. 

@Sean Rooks I was really looking into house hacking, or just buying a property to rent out. I was also looking at wholesaling, I know I’m a little all over the place but I’m just trying to get something started for myself

Hey Ahmad,

I guess then it all depends on your goals. If you want a full time or part-time job, then wholesaling is a good avenue to learn the business. I would recommend reaching out to @Shawn Bowen here on BP, he runs a wholesaling business with classes for new wholesalers.

If your goal is cashflow and long term wealth, then House Hacking is by far the most powerful strategy to get started. Buying a multifamily that maybe needs some work and you can BRRRR is a great idea. You would learn the purchase process, rehab process, property management, and have most or all of your living expenses paid for. This allows you to save faster for the next property. Additionally, by living in the property you would qualify for low down payment loans like FHA, 203k, etc.

If thats too great a leap, you may just want to spend 3 months learning. Listening to all the BP Podcasts you can, reading every book that relates to the strategy you pick, talking to other investors about their strategies, etc.

Happy to help however I can.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you