• Boston MA
Votes |
Is out of state investing worth it?

Sara W.
  • Investor
  • Boston MA
Posted Feb 12 2021, 20:20

Hi everyone :)

I have been doing some research on investing in out of state properties. However, after reading and factoring all the hassles and risks of investing long distances and knowing that there are investments out there that are completely passive and yield a standard 7 to 10% returns, now I am wondering if it's worth it to invest in out of state at all.

For newbies, I think a lot of people on this forum recommend to start with turnkey properties. When I looked at some of the TK websites, the properties they featured are generating around 8 to 9% on average. If that's the case, are there any upsides of investing out of state instead of just doing passive investments like Multiple Equity, Crowd Street etc? Or am I missing something?

I know that you can probably get a higher returns if you assembly your own out of state teams and get some off market deals. But what is the ROI for doing that vs. investing in TK? Is the return significantly enough comparing to the risk and work you take.

Would appreciate your thoughts and want to hear your stories about investing in out of state vs. passive investing in funds and notes. Thank you all in advance!

Loading replies...