Enticing Owners to Respond (MHP)

1 Reply

This question could be answered by anyone in the REI space.  I am looking for Mobile Home Parks in the San Antonio area (anywhere along I-35 really).  I have tried all of the usual techniques of getting the attention of owners but their are a few that I cannot get to respond to anything I have tried.

So... my question is this, what tactics has anyone here used to get the attention of owners of properties who do not respond to cold calls, mailers, letters,etc.

@James Walker I have one "hard to hear" word to share.   Persistence.   It turns out owners are usually busy and don't really like to be bothered. But if you are the only one who stays persistent, you will be the one who finally gets the deal when the time comes for the owner to sell. If you can narrow down the list of parks you would like to target and focus on more/other creative ways to approach the owner (or people who know the owner) you will have success. Be persistent, and be patient.  Sometimes it takes years to find the right way to approach an owner and build a relationship with them, but in the long run it's worth it when you get to shake their hand and make a deal happen.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you