I'm new to Biggerpockets and I'm ready to learn!

2 Replies

Hi! I'm new to BiggerPockets and I'm ready to learn! I live in Sevierville, Tennessee. My plan is to get into house flipping and rentals, hopefully multi-family rentals. Does anyone have any great books that really helped them at the beginning of their real estate investing journey? Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/Rich-Da...

Rich Dad, Poor Dad - is a solid one to start with and that, I'm sure, will lead you to others. I'd suggest turning on your 'keyword alerts' under your profile settings here in BP so you can get direct notifications regarding your topics of interest and the areas you plan on investing on. 
Joining local social media groups, on Facebook or otherwise, can also be helpful as far as immersing yourself into the real estate investment (REI) community.

Best of luck to you!!

Originally posted by@Alora Glaze :

https://www.amazon.com/Rich-Da...

Rich Dad, Poor Dad - is a solid one to start with and that, I'm sure, will lead you to others. I'd suggest turning on your 'keyword alerts' under your profile settings here in BP so you can get direct notifications regarding your topics of interest and the areas you plan on investing on. 
Joining local social media groups, on Facebook or otherwise, can also be helpful as far as immersing yourself into the real estate investment (REI) community.

Best of luck to you!!

Another 

Another vote for Rich Dad Poor Dad on mindset. Making your money work for you is such an important but undertaught topic in financial literacy. 

On Real estate specifically, I found these two books very helpful -

• Investing in Duplexs, Triplexes, and Quads by Larry Loftis
  • Buy and Hold 7 Steps to a Real Estate Fortune by David Schumacher

Good luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you