What is your early retirement plan?

2 Replies

Hello!

I’m curious what your strategies are for earlier retirement?

I close on my 1st 4 plex today!

Over the next 4 years I want to move into 4 4 plexes. I used a VA loan on my first one and I'll be Using fha loans on the other 3.

I’ll each take the cash flow off of each one and dump it back into the 1st property until it’s paid off then jump to the second one. So my assets are paying off my assets. I’ll be buying out of state 4 plexes as well. I plan to retire in 10 years!!

My end goal is to have paid off properties as fast as I can to trade out my w2 income. But for now I’ll keep working 60+ hour weeks as a electrician in Oregon and keeping all my costs as low as possible!

Let me know what your plan is!! I’d like to strategies with you and learn from you.

Thanks!

Pat

Hey @Patrick Flanagan , me again.  My plan is to purchase multi-family properties in our area, refinance once I have 45% equity, and purchase another property with that cash.  After 10 years I will sell the property and purchase 2 more.  I figure once I have 7 properties, I can live off the cashout refinance.  

I can't see myself not working though.  

@Brad Hammond

That’s a great strategy!

I’d like to correct my self, after I can live off my cash flow I’d like to start a real estate brokerage in a area like bend, Boise, Texas, or Arizona.

I couldn’t not work either lol

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you