Finding that first Rental

2 Replies

Hey guys. I have some experience with real estate doing wholesaling and looking for another method to invest. Researched rentals and the BRRRR method and it's definitely something I'm interested in. I'm in the Baltimore market where there's a ton of potential for rentals in some hot areas. Just need a little guidance getting that first property under my belt. What's the best method to go about funding these deals for a first time investor? Should I start with multi-family or a single family unit? Any other advice is appreciated to get the ball rolling for me. Thanks!

@Chris Brathwaite Build a good team around you who can find properties for you.  

What are your goals with your investing?  Both single family and multifamily can get you to your goal, but you need to know what the goal is.  Are you looking for cash flow or appreciation?  What is a reasonable return in Baltimore and are you satisfied with those potential returns?

Other than your goals, you'll want minimum investing criteria to ensure your investments will meet your expectations. Don't force yourself into a deal just to get in. Be conservative in your analysis.

Best of luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you