How to a Analyze property.

1 Reply

Hello I am new to investing I have read a few books on real estate and even made a friend who is an investor in Arizona. I'd like to learn from him however he is scared about the current housing market and isn't willing to teach at the moment. So the auto didactic way is the way to go for me. I just wanted to ask how do people analyze properties properly? I pay attention to my market in the az (85353) but I am ignorant to how to analyze. I'd like to begin analyzing multiple properties a day, Getting into the nitty gritty math work to go along with my book studies. If anyone could drop hints or help please do. I'd lovingly appreciate it.

Hey J'son.  Analyzing is not easy to do from the start but once you figure it out, it is really easy.  If you haven't used the BP calculators yet, I would recommend those.  But also copy down what information they are asking and create a spreadsheet with the same questions on it.  From there you can tweak it to fit your investing niche.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you