18 year old looking into Bird Dogging?

2 Replies

Hey everyone,

my name is Brody Schofield. I am 18 years old and just graduated High School. I am currently working on my real estate license and hoping to one day be a big time real estate investor. I am trying to make money this summer so I can have some money moving to Salt Lake City, Utah. I saw bird dogging as a side hustle and was wondering if anyone had tips on how to get started???

Thanks

@Brody Schofield

Hey man, it’s nice to meet another young fellow aspiring RE investor.

Although I have no experience in bird dogging, I think one of the best ways to make serious money and learn life long skills that carry into real estate is going into some sort of sales.

I live in downtown Salt Lake City, but I’m currently living in Manteca, CA selling D2D pest control. I’ve been out for a month and a half this year and already I’ve sold 150 accounts and starting at 24% commission I’ve made roughly $17k. If I hit my goal at the end of the summer I’ll have made $52k.

I don’t know if this is something that is in the cards for you, but D2D sales is almost a no brainer if you’re wanting good money to shovel into real estate.

If this is something you could be interested in now or in the future, definitely PM me. But if not, we should still connect and talk real estate. There’s definitely a shortage of guys our age dedicated to RE!

Dominic Cañete

@Dominic Canete

Thanks for reaching out!! It is awesome to talk to someone my age who is also interested in RE. 

That is the awesome man that you are out hustling like that!! 17k is an awesome amount to make in 2 months! You are definitely going to be able to invest in your own real estate. I wanna see if I can try bird-dogging but if that does not work or turn out to be anything D2D sales sounds like a great opportunity. Would love to talk real estate! Thanks for reaching out!! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you