Out of state investing

5 Replies

Hi

Every one, I just wondering do we have any out of state investing group here, so we can discuss which turn key company is good , or which property management company is good ?

Hi @Qiang Chen !

There is not a group on BP dedicated to those topics. However, if you search turnkey and property management in the forums, you will find numerous posts discussing providers and their pros/cons and various experiences. You will probably want to come up with a list of your own turnkey providers and PMs and then search BP for posts about them. Another good thing to do is ask the providers and PMs for recommendations of current long term investors. 

I went with a turnkey property for my first investment (see post below). I researched a few different TK providers including calling the providers, reaching out to previous investors (new and long term), searching google and BP for posts and any information I could find. I eventually felt comfortable moving forward with an investment and I went for it. Once I was connected with the PM for the property, I did a lot of research on the PM as well. 

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/850/topics/895660-my-first-investment-property-an-out-of-state-deal

Best Wishes!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you