Votes
Wesley Weber
  • New Port Richey, FL
Votes |
Need heloc recommendations

Wesley Weber
  • New Port Richey, FL
Posted May 2 2022, 09:41

I’m looking to do a heloc on a home, but only want to do an automated appraisal, would like 90% ltv.

Options?

User Stats

Votes
Alex Breshears
  • Lender
  • Springfield, MO
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Springfield, MO
Replied May 11 2022, 12:37

I'm going to say start calling your smaller local banks and credit unions. There are still lenders out there that will do 90% CLTV on a primary residence, and I've had the best luck with those smaller banks. They generally will keep the loan in house versus trying to sell it on the secondary market, and you can usually talk directly to someone at the bank that would be able to answer if their appraisal process is automated or a full appraisal. Is there a specific reason you are trying to avoid a full appraisal?

User Stats

Votes
Dave Skow
  • Lender
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Seattle, WA
Replied May 11 2022, 13:10

@Wesley Weber- is the home your primary residence or a rental property ? assuming its your home -many HELOC lenders use some form of an AVM type appraisal .....you might find that the CLTV will be a bit lower than 90% ....I would try 1) local smaller banks and credit unions 2) try the 1st mtg lender/ servicer 3) try the bank you have a realtionship with

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Richard Moreno
  • Investor
  • Malden, MA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Malden, MA
Replied May 11 2022, 23:40

I keep hearing Pen Fed recommendations! They sound great but only on your primary residence. They didn't work out for me because I need it for my investment property.

User Stats

Votes
Yvette Fuertes
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Wesley Chapel, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Wesley Chapel, FL
Replied May 12 2022, 10:55

Hi there, try calling Synovous Bank - Tampa.  I'm working on one for myself at the moment and so far so good.